Balonne council announces portfolio distribution
ALMOST two months since the Balonne Shire local government election, all councillors have now been allocated specific portfolios.
The portfolios will provide all seven councillors specific responsibilities, in addition to their responsibilities under the Local Government Act.
Mayor Samantha O'Toole said the portfolio system provides councillors with an opportunity to develop an enhanced level of understanding and leadership surrounding strategic activities and issues in a specified area of responsibility.
"This system acts as an effective channel for receiving community feedback, while also providing an informed sounding board for management," she said.
"Working through portfolio responsibilities has been a priority for council since the March election.
"We are now looking forward to setting a strong direction for our respective portfolios.
"As community groups, clubs and organisations work to move forward under COVID-19 restrictions, council remains keen to engage with our community."
Cr O'Toole said portfolio holders would continue to attend club meetings, whether via teleconference or with social distancing in play.
- Communities & Public Open Space: Cr Fuhrmeister, Cr Winks, and mayor O'Toole
- Economic Development & Planning: Cr Avery, Cr Lomman, and mayor O'Toole
- Tourism & Events: Cr Fuhrmeister, Cr Winks, and mayor O'Toole
- Rural Services & Environmental Management: Cr Scriven, Cr Avery, and mayor O'Toole
- Infrastructure & Asset Management: Cr Scriven, Cr Todd, and mayor O'Toole
- Finance & Governance: Cr Todd, Cr Lomman, and mayor O'Toole.