AN ELDERLY man was rushed to Gympie Hospital on Sunday night after a lit cigarette ignited in his face.
A Gympie ambulance spokesman said the man had medical oxygen nearby at his Curra home when he lit a cigarette about 4.30pm.
The man suffered superficial burns to the face and second degree burns to his hands and also abrasions on his legs from falling to the ground.
It is unclear whether he was using the oxygen at the time or there was a leak nearby.
He was taken to the Gympie Hospital in a stable condition.
Gympie ambulance chief Wayne Sachs said it was just one of many medical call-outs which kept Gympie officers very busy over the weekend.
On Saturday authorities were called to a head-on collision at 8.50am on Glastonbury Rd, towards Widgee, between a four-wheel-drive carrying a horse float and a dual-cab Ute.
A 60-year-old man was trapped for about 40 minutes before he was released from his vehicle by Gympie Fire and Rescue Service officers.
He was one of two patients taken to Gympie Hospital with minor injuries.
Later in the morning a 69-year-old woman had a serious fall from a horse at the Imbil Showgrounds.
Witnesses say she was rounding a corner when the horse stumbled and rolled on her.
She suffered head and back injuries and was transported by RACQ Careflight to Nambour Hospital in a stable condition.
A Gympie ambulance spokesman said she was conscious throughout the ordeal.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.